Monday, 13 December 2010

Shop Research

Selfridges- One of London’s most famous department stores, sells everything from specialised cakes to Chanel handbags, the store isn’t particularly diverse but does stock your well known brands, so that Sophie with her £20 to spend can find something as well as Margaret with her £1,000.



Urban Outfitters – The store layout is very well thought out, but the customer service wasn’t too peachy & the clothes them selves- way over priced, especially their Urban Re-Newal range, Urban outfitters for me just stocks high street vintage inspired clothing for those cool kids out there.


Liberty- My absolute favourite shop in London, always beautifully decorated displays, and you can always get so close to the clothes without an OCD sale assistant shooing you away.




Browns- Not overly keen on this shop, yes they stock beautiful and rare to see clothes, but you can’t really look without getting pure evils.



Browns Focus- Stocking edgy, young and up and coming brands, Browns Focus in the sister store to Browns for the daughter of the Mother shopping at Browns.






Dover Street Market- Famous for it’s innovative, unique and individual displays, DSM sure does stand out on a cold London street in Mayfair, staff are friendly, prices not so much but what else would you expect from a shop that has a 8ft high elephant placed in the window.


Hoxton Boutique- This shop really is something to see, the shop looks like a gallery, its very well presented and sells some of the most original and unique labels. The shop windows speak for themselves.


B store- The projections in the window, make this shop look different and interesting, and it is, the shop is set out in a very clear way allowing the customer to walk round the store with ease. Pricing is how you would expect mid – high.



Oxfam Boutique- I was expecting quite big things from this little shop in Westbourne Grove but I wasn’t overly impressed. I thought the shop was filled with vintage designer goodies but I would not quite count a five-year-old bobbley polo neck an amazing designer vintage find.   






Matches- I really liked this shop, the lay out was sleek, the staff friendly, even though they knew I was a student, I think they have an amazing collection of clothing and accessories.












Topshop- I will never make my mind up with Topshop I love to hate it especially this shop, it could be a girl’s dream but also an absolute nightmare, they do have an amazing stock of concessions and there own clothing, but you really could leave there with your hair and nails done with a whole new outfit ready for a night on the town.




Bluebird – Another shop with amazing and stunning displays, you could easily walk past this shop due to it not being well marked, but the variety of things that they stock makes it well worth a look.

The Convenience Store- I find this a strange shop, for one; it’s name; and two the area around, I was shocked for a store that sold such exclusive pieces of clothing to be based in such a not so nice area, I personally was not so keen on the styling of this shop but sure was an interesting one.

Start – ‘ Fashion meets Rock ‘n’ Roll’ Owned by Brix Smith-Start and her husband, the store has a really nice layout with the rails being on opposite sides of the store allowing the clothing to be viewed easily, the store also had friendly staff.

Acne – This flagship store on Dover Street follows the typical Acne style throughout using earthy tones and minimalistic styling’s, the store’s three floors is more like an art space showing the clothes as well.

Beyond Retro – I have an addiction to this shop, it’s my all time favourite vintage shop, colour co- coordinated clothing, well lit, friendly & well styled staff and displays’ = the best vintage shop in London, Beyond Retro sure have built up a good name for them selves.





Absolute Vintage – If your looking to go shopping in the dark go here, yes the shop does have a good selection of vintage goodies but I prefer to see what I’m buying before I purchase an item.

Present- Sells a variety of things for Men, however I found the way the things were marketed within the store was so, in a very feminine manner.

Diverse- A very coordinated and organised shop, I really like the styling of the store.

Sefton - A very sleek shop selling womanswear, clothing was very well presented allowing customers to easily browse through garments.






Labour of Love – Shop sells designer garments, but I find the layout of the store to be very busy and almost resembles a charity shop.

Farfetch.com- Easy to read, monochrome style website, stocks some really amazing, cutting edge clothing and I love the ease of the website not too may things to click on and get confused with.


Oki-ni.com - Nicely presented Menswear website, not too fussy and like the way the type of garment you are looking for is listed at the top of the site.

Ln-nc.com – This is by far the most innovative website, the way you can see the outfits and styling of the garments on the model is such a good idea. They also stock a variety of random and arty books and music.

Net-a-porter.com – A more well known website for designer clothing, stocking more well known designers, I really like this website its very minimal and again stocks beautiful clothing, maybe a Selfridges minus the food department for the web.

Not just another Label- Bit too much of a busy website, but I really like the fact that you can look at designers, and then where they studied net to the garments they sell.

Pop up store (House Of Volatire) Bruton Place ,Mayfair – I managed to find this little treasure trove of a pop up store above Rupert Sanderson’s shoe emporium, it stocks specially commissioned products, limited editions and original pieces from a number of designers and artists including Richard Nicoll, Tracy Emin and Clune Reid and many more prices range from £10 to £1,000



























No comments:

Post a Comment