For this project I had to focus on a particular sub- culture that I found interesting
I chose Indie-Rockers. For this I have looked at the fashions, hangouts, music and Inspiration for there subculture.
The Indie- Rock sub culture originates from the UK and US in the 1980’s, the term ‘Indie’ coming from the word Independent, relating to the music of the subculture and the way in which many of the bands that the sub culture listened to were signed by Independent record labels. The sub- culture is all about supporting up and coming local bands and underground music.
Interview;
Q.So, what does Indie- Rock mean to you?
A. For me Indie- Rock is all about being Individual, especially with the style and music. With Indie- Rockers you’ll never find everyone looking the same such as Mod- Rockers who follow a kind of uniform, Indie- Rock is all about Individuality. I have been brought up with Indie- rock music all around me, My Dad has always listened to bands such as Led Zeppelin, so I was brought up with music like this all around me.
Q. What other bands do you like?
A. I love Kings of Leon! Others would be The dead weather the front woman Alison Mosshart is one of my idols, love her style, normally I really don’t think it looks right to have the singer of a band a woman but with her I think it’s a different matter. Other bands would be The White Stripes, The Raconteurs and of course Led Zeppelin.
Q. You say that Alison Mosshart is one of your idols, would you say that you have anyone else of who you idolise their style or Inspires you?
A. Alexa Chung, other than that probably the things and people that are special to me and around me, and I also like looking at Lookbook now and again.
Q. Talking of style where are your favourite places to shop?
A. I am all about unique individual pieces that nobody else has, I love shopping In Brick Lane as well as charity shops, and I rarely visit high street shops such as Topshop as I don’t want to be wearing the same thing as others.
A. In a few words, Monochrome, classic and Androgynous. I think a lot of Indie rock style is very unisex.
Q. Do you read any particular magazines that inspire your style, or read generally?
A. My favourite magazines would be Homme,Dazed & Confused and The Fly, a music magazine that has really good album reviews and also a good gig guide.
Q. So you like going to gigs then?
A. Yeah, supporting local and new bands at gigs is one of my favourite things to do. I spend a lot of time with friends that are in bands in there practise room, either that or go to the pub with them, be social and have a drink.
Q. Are there any particular areas in London you would say you like going out?
A. I like Camden, Shoreditch, more East London way.
Rokit
Vintaaage
Monochrome, classic and Androgynous wardrobe
Specs
Outfit shot
Band Practise
Gig
In the practice room
Gotta have a fish eye on here
Bit of the Dead Weather
Die by the Drop
Bit of the Dead Weather
Die by the Drop






No comments:
Post a Comment