Danielle Scutt
The first designer that I will be looking at that I believe is inspired by the subculture of Indie Rockers is Danielle Scutt. Scutt is a Central St. Martin Graduate who sent out her first freelance collection in Spring 2008. She has also shown twice with Fashion East.
Her design style has a rock element to it, and her designs tend to experiment with different fabrics, and have an androgynous style to them. Examples of clothing or garments that feature a lot within in her collections would be trench coats, denim,jumpsuits, chiffon dresses and jackets.
Danielle Scutt has not designed for 3 seasons, and has returned with a design style that has taken a more sexy but still sophisticated edge, for example her Fall 2011 collection that featured a lot of velvet, and gold brocade fabrics.
Scutt’s collections are more wearable than other designers in both being comfortable and fashionable. Which makes them popular with her customers.
I think Danielle Scutt is inspired by Indie Rockers style, as her garments and design reflect this but in a high fashion sense.



No comments:
Post a Comment